The City of Fremantle delivers a variety of destination marketing activities to promote Fremantle as a visitor destination. This includes the management and maintenance of the Visit Fremantle website.
As part of the City’s Destination Marketing Strategic Plan, the City was looking to achieve greater functionality across the Visit Fremantle website, particularly in the areas of tour/accommodation booking and business/event listings. The City was also looking to achieve a more contemporary and intuitive user interface in line with the new destination rebranding.
Bliss was engaged in 2021, to provide a content management system (CMS) solution, and design and develop their new website. It was very important that the new website integrates seamlessly with their 3rd party booking platform that was being delivered as a separate concurrent project.
We delivered compelling modern designed, WCAG 2.1 compliant and responsive sites built using Drupal 9. In addition, the site includes:
- Integration using API with multiple third-party systems for event listings, accommodation and bookings
- Plan Your Trip tool enables users to save and share their favourite events and attractions
- Advanced search and global search functionality
- Interactive maps using Google Maps
- Business listing submissions and moderation
Launched in October 2021, the Visit Fremantle website truly represents the best-in-class human-centred design for the tourism industry. Today, we continue to work with the City of Fremantle to enhance the website and attract people to the region.